A daytrip to Lisbon is a popular city trip destination for tourists in Portugal. Discover the diverse districts of this beautiful city, take a trip around the sights and enjoy the wonderful atmosphere. Have a look at the Castelo de São Jorge, go surfing in Cascais or go shopping in the big shopping streets. Here you find some tips for a daytrip to Lisbon:
- Castelo de São Jorge. The Castelo de São Jorge has eighteen towers, all of which overlooking the city. It is one of the most famous sights in Lisbon. The history of the tower dates back to the sixth century. In the centuries that followed, the Castelo de São Jorge survived earthquakes and wars. There is also a museum where everything will be explained about the history of this area. In the evenings the tower is lit, which certainly is a beautiful sight.
- Casino Lisboa. If you are looking for some fun in the evening, then the beautiful Casino Lisboa is a good tip. Also in architecture this is an interesting casino. It was designed by Stanley Ho and we can call it a real eye-catcher. Especially in the dark, it is amazing. Inside it is cozy and one can try his luck with a card game or a spin on the roulette wheel. The opening hours of Casino Lisboa are nice and it is located centrally.
- Belém. Belém district has become a tourist attraction in Lisbon. In this area there are two famous sights to visit, namely the Monasteiro dos Jeronimos and the Torre de Belém. Both sites are listed on the UNESCO World Heritage List dating back to 1500. In Belém, it is also worth visiting the 'Antiga Confeiteria de Belém', where you can try one of the best pastries in Portugal.
- Tram 28. Every visitor must have taken at least one ride with tram 28 in Lisbon. This world-famous and vintage tram line makes a long route through the city and is an ideal way to get to know Lisbon in a short period of time. A ticket for tram 28 costs no more than three euros and trams leave almost every ten minutes.
- Cascais. If you want to rest and enjoy the beautiful nature of the city of Lisbon, then visiting the island of Cascais is highly recommended. This island is a walhalla for the surfers and the rest seekers. Enjoy the beautiful beaches, visit the cozy center or go for a walk. From Lisbon, it is only an hour to reach Cascais by train.
Posted by Marianne Hoesen. Posted In : holiday tips